Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Labor Pains!

 So here we are starting labor on November 24th around 6:45pm.  Pains felt slow and steady I swiveled my hips and took a warm bath.  Trying to relax the pain away but as everyone knows it on;y gets stronger.
 Here is my face deciding that we need to go to the hospital my contractions rapidly went from 15 minutes apart to 5 minutes apart and only getting stronger.  Good thing we had the car packed for days so all we had to do was hop in.  As we were pulling into the hospital it was starting to get very worse that I had to keep stopping on the way up to the labor and delivery ward.  It took us a long time to get checked in and a Doctor had to give me an exam to see if I can even be admitted.  Thank the Lord as he we checking me telling me that I was only 2 cm dilated he broke my water so they had to admit me!  If I had to walk around for longer I think I would have cried, cause hospital policy is admittance at 4 cm or water breaking.
 The pain was nothing that I could have prepared myself for, I wanted to go natural but I held out for as long as I could.  At 7 cm I got an epidural...
 Here is my happy face!!
at the time of this photo I was fully dilated I just had to wait for him to drop a few more cm down the birth canal.
 After only 24 minutes of pushing came out with very little crying and only the ends of his hands and toes were a little purple. I had a lateral tear and just had one large stitch to fix it, but the healing process has been very long.  All around very healthy and happy boy!  We are very blessed to finally see our son it was a very long 9 months!  Tobyn Koa Arrived at 11:54am on Thanksgiving day November 25th, 2010.  Guess me and Nik have alot to be thankful for this year.
 I'm waiting my turn to hold him.  With many tears coming out of my eyes.  I think Nik cried a little as well it was very over whelming! The nurse told Nik to get the camera out!
 Tobyn getting cleaned up and his Apgar test done which he scored a 9, very healthy pink in color and functions.  He is my tough little man.
 Finally I get to hold my baby!  He was so warm and I didn't care if he had anything on him.  He must love his mama as well cause as soon as I got him he pooped all over me!  I was so cought up in the moment that I didn't even notice until way later I had to get my gown changed.  I didn't care I finally had my baby!
 Huge little boy!  A whopping 8lbs 2oz and 20.25 inches long.  He is exactly in the middle of mom and dads sizes.  I think he is going to be a very tall man! a Future NBA star?
 Proud daddy, getting to know his lil man.  Nik as actually the first to hold him (yes before me) just for a breif moment before they checked his vitals.  I have never seen anything to wonderful as my two favorite men in my life.  How lucky am I?
 Papa Schafer was the first to hold him he is just a day old.
Nana is very proud, was a beautiful grandma.  My parents stayed for the weekend but we did spend most of the time in the hospital.  Tobyn's resparations were very high, around 100 per minute, when the average is 40-60 per minute.  We stayed for 2 extra days so they could watch him if it got worse or better, but with mama feeding him often he got better real quick and we were able to go home that Sunday.  Boy was Nik sure happy to be home with his new family.  Hospital stays are a bit rough.  Thanks to all of the well wishes from friends and family. 

The Greens sure have had a wonderful year, I wonder what 2011 will bring for us?  possibly a new adventure in life... :0)

-Aly G

No comments: