Monday, March 8, 2010

Pink Martini

Show time! I love going downtown for dinner, drinks, and music! It's an all day event because of the long drive from Haleiwa to Honolulu, but first of course stopping at Cholo's for a pre-game round of margaritas. I had the peach-berry-rita it was very tasty!



Once we get down town it's on at Buca di Beppo One of the best Italian restaurants on Oahu. We had some spicy pasta and a few glasses of wine and I always get the peach bellini to drink (I think you can see a trend I love anything peach!) Since we come to Buca so much the bartenders are starting to know us by drink and name, which is always why I love to keep coming back to eat.

After dinner it was a short waddle from being to full to the concert hall. As we were walking single file with me in front so a biker could pass us, Nik did not see him and the biker got flattened by the brick wall that is Nik's chest! It was the funniest thing you ever saw! It was like nothing even stunned Nik and took a guy clean off his bike. I could not believe it.

Finally we get to Pink Martini show. This half orchestra is the most inspiring to listen to, so many talented artist in this band. Makes me want to play the piano again or do something musical. I still listen to their songs it was a great show!

my most favorite part about the group is that they use all different kinds of music, culture, and language. They base songs off of classical music and add Latin beat or Brazilian, even some French. It's truly was a pleasure to listen to this band play you can clearly see they put their heart and soul into their music.

No comments: