Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tobyn's First Trip to Seoul Zoo

I woke up and decided that for the first time all summer it was nice weather and needed to come out like a bear in hibernation.  The monsoons have been such a downer not to mention the humidity is almost unbearable to be carrying around a hefty 9 month old boy! I invited my friend Lynisa and her pack of rug rats to come along; she was about as stir crazy as I was being cooped up in the house.



We had 4 babies and 1 stroller and by lunch we were headed out on our zoo adventure! I had staked out some metro stations that had elevators to we did not have to hop stairs during our line transfers. My plan was almost a success besides one stop we had to jump the stroller.  I'm glad that some Koreans are kind to stop and help up lift the heavy stroller up the stairs for us. We each were carrying a baby on our chest and then picking up a stroller it was insane!

Tobyn and Hurley love the train. Tobyn tries to crawl on the ground while it's moving and rolls around like a tin can in the back of a truck. It's pretty funny he laughs and laughs. He is a great traveler I'm glad that all the kids were good; like I said it's nice just to get out and do something new. This is the view as we went over the bridge. I must admit it's very cool to live in a city with a large transit system anywhere you want to go for 900 won (0.83 USD). We are very fortunate to experience another country and opportunity to take advantage of it's railways.






After a scary moment when the metro went off the track to changes drivers, in which we did not know to get off the train. We waited for it to get back on track while they cleaned and changed shifts and once again were on our way to the zoo.  It took us an hour and a half to get there; what should have been a 25 min ride. lol WE FINALLY MADE IT!! To Seoul Zoo. Well first Seoul grand central park, but we made our way around to the zoo.
I was just as excited as the kids, it's has been an eternity since I was at a zoo. I have never really been an animal lover, but now that I have a baby it's nice to get to experience them all over again. All the children had a blast; it was not to hot and we did not have to be on a timeline. Unfortunately, having so many babies with us we did not stay very long but at least I mapped the way for future expeditions.












I had to alternate putting Tobyn in the stroller because he is just to heavy to lug around on my back. Alayna didn't mind his company.










on second thought maybe she did....

Look at both of their stink eyes! what you talking about willis?!








Flamingo's are awesome and so tall! My kind of bird. They were so noisy Tobyn didn't care to much for them.
African totems, located next to the stroller rentals.
All the kids at the giraffe exhibit, they were very close to the fence it was nice they got to see them so close.
I love giraffes! They are so cool and tall! Animals after my own heart. I think I should get a giraffe print cloth diaper for Tobyn now.
Pygmy hippos were sleepy or resting because it was so hot out. I didn't know there was such a thing as a tiny hippo seems like an oxymoron, don't you think?
The Rhinos are always cool.
Me and my lil man, we had such a good time. I think he spend most of his time looking at the other children running around.
We finally greet the big hippos! They are the coolest one of my favorite animals.
Toby feel asleep at this point but we had to start heading back home anyways. Cutie pie!

I thought it was strange to see long horned cattle.  As a native Oregonian these cows are on ranches there all over, but I guess it's exotic for Koreans?




Last animal we had time for was the Zebra, but this guy looked like he was dying of a heat stroke! I feel bad for the animals that they should be free but then again I would not get to see their awesomeness. Like I said it was a quick trip because it took us so long to get there, but we can go back for more. I can't wait!
-Aly G

No comments: